Friday, August 12, 2005

The store manager is back!!!!

The store manager is back!!!!

I can't tell you how much stress has been lifted off of my shoulders. Having another responsible person in the building and a more experienced person to ask questions is SO GREAT!!

Even when I wasn't at work, it felt like I was there. I was chained to my phone, receiving calls early in the morning and late at night, when I was at home or at the grocery store, when I was with friends, when I was in community meetings. Solving problems when I was half-asleep, handling conflicts between employees, answering questions about returns and policies, doing my usual duties plus the store manager's, it was a tough time. But now it's over!

I imagine I'll move up to store manager one day, and perhaps not that far in the future. After all, although it was stressful, I did a good job while the manager was gone. Both she and the regional manager were pleased by my performance. However, for now I'm content in my current position. I'm lucky in that I get along well with the store manager, and she's a great teacher. I still have a lot to learn about running a store and motivating employees and just the certain aura that surrounds a really good manager.

No comments: