Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Misplaced Items

You've got to love the new employees. I make a point of showing some commonly-confused items to them, in the hopes that they won't stock the shelves wrong. Otherwise I end up with angry customers at the register, demanding the $12.99 that the shelf label said even though the item they're buying retails for $18.99. Big difference! The new employees don't know the product, and even some old employees don't pay enough attention to see the differences. I try my best to knock it into their heads, "When in doubt, CHECK THE SKU/UPC!!!!" Each item has a unique barcode that tells the computer what to charge the customer. If one or two items are in the wrong place I can explain it away as "some kid" misplaced the items (even though most of the time it was "some stupid customer" who put the items in the wrong place). But if a whole shelf contains the wrong item, then I've got to give the customer the cheaper price on it. And I hate doing that.

No comments: