Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Comedians (Yeah Right)

If you feel the need to crack jokes with store employees, don't. They've heard them all before. Yes, even yours. ALL of them. You're not original. You're not funny. Pretending to laugh with the oh-so-not-funny guy is not part of my job. Say what you need to say, ask questions, answer questions, whatever, but NO JOKES.

Examples of everyday stupidity:

"If it doesn't have a price on it then is it free?" No, genius, what store do you know that gives away merchandise? Besides, most of the time the price is right in front of you, you're just too blind to see it!!

In reply to my "Can I help you?" the "I'm so funny" guy (99% of the time it's a guy) says (I swear all of these have been said to me before):

  • "Yeah, you can give me a million dollars." Hahaha I'm so amused.
  • "Yes. Do you know a good psychiatrist?" No, but you definitely need one.
  • "Mentally?" No, with the products in the store. Duh.
  • "No, I'm beyond help." Obviously.
  • "Yes, I'm looking for my wife." Can't help you there.
  • "Help me with what?" Guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My god. Could you be even more astoundingly cantankerous? What an appalling attitude. You say your store "provides excellent customer service" - not if you have anything to do with it. A customer tries to make a completely harmless joke and that's how you feel about it? You'd obviously rather deal with people who were as jaded and bitter as you are. Get a clue, chum. You deal with customers every day, so of course you're going to hear the same things over and over again. Guess what, that's part the job. Someone cracks a joke that you've heard before? Make a joke back yourself! An original one! You wouldn't be able to do that of course, seeing as you're too busy fuming at the "indignity" of being subject to a customer. I run my own retail store, and I can tell you I wouldn't tolerate an employee like you. My advice: Hire someone so you don't have to deal with customers, since you are obviously unable to deal with them. Customer Service? (Yeah Right).

Anonymous said...

george, you really need to let go of this anger towards angry customer service reps, its not good for your health. this makes me angry.