Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ask a Pharmacist!

While we are a specialty store with knowledgeable and well-trained employees, some people expect us to know too much.

Would you ask a Walgreens cashier which medicine won't interfere with your heart condition? Would you ask a Home Depot clerk how to build your house from the ground up? Would you ask a bank teller to write your will? No. You'd ask a pharmacist, an engineer, and a lawyer. (That is, unless you're one of those cheap people.) Some things are best left to people with years and years of school and/or training.

So if you call me or come into my store with an issue that I should not be addressing, I'm going to refer you to the person with the appropriate degree. Yes, it's going to cost you some money. TOO BAD. Don't act like I'm not doing my job because I won't tell you that it's okay to do what you want to do. I'm not opening myself and my company up to a lawsuit if I tell you the wrong thing. After all, I'm not a pharmacist, an engineer, or a lawyer. I'm a retail manager! I know my products, merchandising, paperwork, and a lot of other things, but I'm not qualified to answer certain questions!!

No comments: