Friday, June 17, 2005

Cell Phones

I hate it when a customer can't stop talking on his cell phone for the 60 seconds it takes me to ring him up and take his money. Or the one who took a call on the sales floor while I was in the middle of explaining how to solve his problem. He just answered his phone and walked away from me without excusing himself or anything! Then when he was through with his call he acted like it was a huge effort on his part to find me to resume our conversation. I had better things to do than to stand there waiting for him to finish talking!

One regular customer talks on a hands-free phone. She enters the store talking on it and continues talking while shopping and checking out. She doesn't say two words to anyone the whole time she's in the store. If the cashier interrupts her to tell her the total she gets angry and shouts, "Can't you see I'm on the phone!" Well, can't YOU see that you're in a store and the cashier and the people in line behind you are waiting to pay?!

No comments: