Monday, May 15, 2006

Search Terms: Store Policies

More search terms:

  • Wanting to know what the "retail break policy" is? I sense an aversion to work. I guess you'd have to check with the store. Labor laws give some guidelines that are applied to every job, but jobs vary widely in what breaks they give. As long as they don't take advantage of the policy, I'm fairly flexible with my employees' breaks. On slow days they can break a little longer. On busy days, it's totally by the book. I need them on the sales floor.

  • "Can I ask store to reprint receipt?" Ask away. Some stores can, while some can't. Why do you want a reprint? If it's immediately after the purchase it shouldn't be much of a problem. But if it's a week later and you've lost the original receipt and swear that you bought it last Thursday, I WILL NOT search the computer for it. I've tried to be the nice guy in the past and have learned that chances are, it wasn't Thursday. It might have been Wednesday, or Saturday, or two weeks ago Thursday, or a month ago, or at another store, and I have lots to do besides searching for something you can't remember.

  • "What retail stores don't hire children under 18?" You expected to find a list? If you're under 18 and looking for a job, ask when you apply if they'll hire you. Otherwise, why does it matter?

  • "refund retail policy" There are a million different stores with a million different refund policies. ASK what the policy is BEFORE you buy. That helps all of us.

  • "inventory prep" How to prep for inventory? Start early. Get like items together. Pull out all of the hidden merchandise. Make sure all defective items and returns are processed properly. Don't wait until the last minute to do all of this. START EARLY.

No comments: