Saturday, July 16, 2005

Psychopath (part 3)

After Mrs. Psychopath and clan left, I went to a quiet part of the store to put away some merchandise and calm down. A couple of employees started their shifts and asked me what was wrong (I'm normally very cheery) so I told them the story and warned them to be especially wary of shoplifters in that one aisle, and to watch Mrs. Psychopath et al. if they came in again.

My shift ended and I went home.

A couple of hours later the manager on duty called me to tell me that the Psychopaths came BACK, spending another hour and another $100 in the store. That's $500 in 2 days on unneeded stuff. (Much of our merchandise is nice to have but not necessary for survival.) $200 in cash, $300 in checks. Our check-approval system approved both checks, so our company isn't on the hook if the checks turn out to be bad. Something is just SERIOUSLY weird about the whole situation. The manager and I talked for a while, bashing the customer, both of us relieving stress, then said goodbye so she could finish the evening duties. (This is the girl who I got promoted instead of her so she tends to look for ways to make me look bad. In this situation, we're united against a common enemy so we're actually getting along quite well!)

The next day (my day off) they came back, spent another $100, but apparently they got the message that we don't like them very much because I haven't seen them since. I never did figure out if they were the ones shoplifting or not.

So I hope that this is really and truly

THE END.

No comments: