Monday, July 25, 2005

I'm in charge?

There are a million things I could write about right now, but in the interest of keeping things as anonymous as possible, I won't.

On the sexual harassment issue: without any details, may I just say that if you want to get my district manager's attention--FULL attention--just whisper "sexual harassment" within 5 miles of her. Wow! What a response! She was better than expected and set me free to handle it how I had already decided on handling it. If we lose the customer, so be it. He can't do that to my employees.

The head manager is out for a few weeks so I'm in charge of the whole store until she gets back. SCARY. Seriously, I'm somewhat apprehensive, yet know that I can handle it. If I couldn't, she wouldn't have left. Besides, I have lots of people I can call if I have questions or need help. In the meantime, I'm being extra strict so people won't take advantage. So far, everyone's listening and, as far as I can tell, obeying.

No comments: