Sunday, July 03, 2005

Mrs. S.

Another good customer story today.

Mrs. S. came into the store recently and bought a lot of stuff. (She's one of the few customers I know by name rather than just by a physical description or what they usually buy or how they treat the employees.) I greeted her while she was shopping, exchanged "How are yous" and asked if she needed any help. No, she has the location of everything in our store memorized she's in so often (about once a week, sometimes more).

I was in the front getting change for a cashier or doing a return or something when she was checking out. I looked at her cart full of items and asked if she needed help out to her car. She considered it, looking down at her full cart before sighing and responding, "No, that's OK, I know you're busy." How thoughtful of her! Although for her I would have been more than glad to help, I was pretty busy with other things.

No comments: