Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Ornery Printer

Our printer has been malfunctioning recently. We have financial documents and newsletters and price stickers and lots of stuff that we have to print out on a regular basis, and if the printer isn't working then we get behind with certain duties. Well it wasn't working at all one afternoon and I tried everything I could think of but couldn't get it working. I ended up having to handwrite the financial document detailing all the vital numbers of the day, which took me four times as long as just printing it out since I had to add everything up by hand. (There is no way to enlarge the screen so without printing it you can't see the entire document.) The next day I finally got the printer fixed. Then I broke it, then I fixed it, then I broke it again, and left with it fixed again. (It's a high quality printer, can't you tell.)

A couple of days later I got a call at home, "How did you fix the printer before?" I told them how, but when I came into work it still wasn't fixed. They had tried what I said, but no luck. I tried what I said, and it worked. Apparently I have a magic touch.

No comments: