Thursday, July 07, 2005

Apparently I Know Everything

Do customers think I know everything?

"What time does the mall open?"
I don't know, I'm either at home or working when it opens.

"When is {whatever holiday is coming up}?"
Uh….check your calendar!

"Does Big Competitor have this item?"
I don't know, I don't work there, I work here! We have it, and we're nearly always cheaper than Big Competitor, why don't you buy it here?

Or the phone callers, "Is this Big Competitor?"
No, it's {my store}.
"Oh." (No sorry or anything, that'd be too much trouble.)
"What's Big Competitor's phone number?"
I don't know. It's in the phone book.
"Oh." (Like I should have it memorized.)

1 comment:

MrTeacher said...

Welcome to the Anonymous Work Blogs blogring. Sorry it's taken me so long to add you, but it's been exam season here and I've been swamped with work.