Thursday, April 20, 2006

Satisfaction guaranteed.....for how long?

A woman came in to return an item that she bought a year ago. ONE YEAR AGO. I explained that our return policy was X amount of time but since the item was like new I would give her a store credit for the amount.

She began arguing that the item said "satisfaction guaranteed" on it, but when I refused to budge she ended up with a cheaper item (from the same manufacturer) and the remainder in the form of a store credit. Our return policy is somewhat flexible, but a YEAR? Had I done it, the office would most definitely be calling to have a little chat with me.

Less than an hour later the manufacturer of the item called. The woman had called to complain and told them that we wouldn't refund her money and that we had kept the receipt. The customer service rep needed the receipt so he could give the customer her money back. Well, yes I have the receipt but the customer already has her money back, in a manner of speaking. The woman hadn't mentioned that she had gotten merchandise and a store credit for the remainder. The rep was rather surprised and thanked me for the info.

I didn't mention that EVERY SINGLE TIME that woman has shopped in our store, she has had some type of major problem. If I owned the place, I would tell her to find someplace else to shop because considering the amount of time we have to spend on her, we're not making a profit. We make a few bucks here and there, but not enough to cover the headaches she causes.

1 comment:

Charli Cole said...

Run her over with a car, luv.

I'm sure you're smart enough to get away with it.

LOL.

Have a great day and take care.