Friday, March 10, 2006

What's your problem?

Today a woman asked me for help. She didn't ask particularly politely, but it's my job to help her regardless of whether she passed the "please and thank you" part of kindergarten. So I tried to help her. But I couldn't quite tell what she wanted because she was asking for help for her FRIEND's problem. The friend hadn't asked her for help, so the woman didn't know ANYTHING about her friend's problem. So how was I supposed to help her?! I couldn't help her. AT ALL.

Pretend my store is a shoe store. The woman wanted shoe inserts to correct her friend's foot problem, yet didn't know the friend's shoe size or what her specific problem was. Further, it's a PERSONAL thing that if the friend wanted the help, the FRIEND would have gone shopping and ASKED for help. What a busybody.

So the woman was all pissed off because I couldn't show her anything to help her friend's problem even though she didn't really know what the friend's problem was. Yep, all my fault. I'm a terrible employee. NOW LEAVE AND LET ME HELP OTHER PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEIR PROBLEM IS!!

No comments: