Friday, June 02, 2006

WAIT YOUR TURN

NO ONE could wait their turn today! Four, maybe five times I was finishing up with a customer when another customer rudely interrupted.

  • "Do you work here?"
  • "Excuse me, I need some help."
  • "Where are the widgets?"

I made a special point to ask the first customers if there was anything else they needed or if they had any more questions before turning to the RUDE PERSON to ask how I could help. I love how you can be totally polite while at the same time point out someone's rudeness. Most of the people today got my point. Because of the way I did it, they weren't mad, though.

WAIT YOUR TURN is a lesson not many adults know. They need to return to kindergarten because I don't see how they could have passed.

2 comments:

Al said...

Ah, don't you just love those people?

I have to admit though, that I'm not always as polite as I should be. Especially near the end of the day when I just want to go home.

Retail Recorder said...

It's just that

1. most of the "help" they need is so stupid because the items are right in front of them

or

2. they've already asked another employee if we had something and didn't like the "no" answer they received so figured they'd keep asking employees until someone gave them the answer they wanted.

My store generally is adequately staffed....there are other employees around that it doesn't take long to find.

**But, back to kindergarten, INTERRUPTING a conversation because your needs are so much greater than anyone else's needs? Totally unacceptable, customer or not. If they stand there like polite people do when they need help, I'll know that they need help and get to them when I'm finished with the current customer.**

Is my skin getting thinner? Hmm....I think perhaps it's all the vacationers.....the one's who spend $10 or less and will never be back but expect you to wait on them hand and foot while they're in the store. Most locals aren't like that.